Issued 4th November 2020
Coronavirus: Covid-19 continues to bring an unprecedented global challenge. Stiltz Ltd. has been and will continue to review activities daily to comply with the guidelines issued by the Government.
Stiltz is a proud member of the British Healthcare Trades Association (BHTA) through whom we are co-ordinating industry efforts to keep the most vulnerable living safely in their own homes.
Reducing the instance of accidents within the home will help reduce stress on the NHS hospital care system.
For existing customers, a Stiltz Homelift can be that lifeline to independence. Our home care support policy means Stiltz engineers continue to provide an essential service by maintaining customers’ lifts for ongoing safe, reliable and independent access while acting within Government guidelines.
You can contact our service and breakdown helpline any time, day or night, on 0330 053 5749.
For new homelift installations, we offer the options of a phone call, remote video consultation via tablet/laptop/smartphone, or email consultation. For those with an urgent in-home consultation need, we will minimise risk by following the latest Government guidelines.
Additional processes have been put in place to mitigate risk to you, our staff and the wider Stiltz community:
- We will request confirmation that nobody at the property we are due to visit has Covid-19 or is defined as extremely vulnerable. If Covid-19 is present, or a person is isolating or deemed as extremely vulnerable, we will follow government advice.
- All customer visits will be subject to additional sanitation measures. Stiltz installers/engineers will wash or sanitise their hands before entering your property and upon leaving. They will not offer to shake hands, will refuse offers of a beverage and will maintain the prescribed 2-metre distance.
- All office and field-based staff will continue to be issued regular health and safety bulletins.
- All field-based staff will confirm they are clear of symptoms before commencing their working day.
- All staff who fall ill with Covid-19 or who are self-isolating will receive full pay during the period they are indisposed.
Stiltz will follow government advice at all times. We all owe a duty of care to our families, other employees, our customers and the rest of our community. Our priority is customer and staff safety whilst continuing to provide the necessary home care support to ensure vital independence.
Chairman and CEO