Updated 31st March 2020
COVID 19 Statement
Coronavirus – Covid-19 presents us with an unprecedented global challenge. Stiltz Ltd. continues to review activities on a daily basis to comply with Government directives.
Stiltz is a proud member of the British Healthcare Trades Association (BHTA) through whom we are co-ordinating industry efforts to keep the most vulnerable living safely in their own homes. Reducing the instance of accidents within the home will help reduce stress on the NHS hospital care system.
For existing customers, a Stiltz Homelift can be that lifeline to independence. Our homecare support policy means Stiltz engineers continue to provide an essential service by maintaining customers’ lifts for ongoing safe, reliable and independent access, while acting within Government guidelines.
For new homelift installations we offer the options of a phone call, remote video consultation via tablet/laptop/smartphone, or email consultation. For those with an urgent in-home consultation need, we will minimise risk by following latest Government guidelines.
Additional processes have been put in place to mitigate risk to you, our staff and the wider Stiltz community:
· We will request confirmation that nobody at the property we are due to visit has Covid-19 or is defined as extremely vulnerable, and in need of being shielded. If Covid-19 is present, or a person is isolating or deemed as extremely vulnerable, we will follow government advice.
· All customer visits will be subject to additional sanitation measures. Stiltz installers/engineers will wash or sanitise their hands prior to entering your property and upon leaving. They will not offer to shake hands, will refuse offers of a beverage and will maintain the prescribed 2 metre distance
· Regular health and safety bulletins will be issued to all office and field-based staff
· All field-based staff will be asked, on a daily basis, to confirm they are clear of symptoms prior to commencing their working day
· All staff who fall ill with Covid-19 or who are self-isolating, will receive full pay during the period they are indisposed.
Stiltz will follow government advice at all times. Our priority is customer and staff safety, whilst continuing to provide the necessary homecare support to ensure vital independence.
Chairman and CEO